OpenWorld Fusion Apps update by someone who wasn't there
- Fusion Apps has never been much more than a concept
- I've never seen a clear product roadmap
- Exists only in the marketing realm. Anybody else at the “Halfway to Fusion” event in San Fran City Hall in Jan 2006?
- Fusion is looking to be more of a technology, than applications play. Less value for the line of business users than for IT.
- Challenges involved in a completely rewritten, unified application seem to have been too much
- The 08 version of Fusion App suite (if one is even released) will likely be separate applications forced glued together with Fusion Middleware
- The departure of John Wookey and the ensuing reorg will have substantial negative impact for Oracle customers
- Oracle will likely see organizational upheaval and may lose focus on applications for several months as things sort themselves out
- New org structure emphasizes technology focus of Fusion. Applications now under leadership of Rozwat (server focus) and Kurian (middleware focus)