The Village View

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

RSS keeps catching on

As an alumnus, I get a regular email from Columbia Business School entitled "Ideas@work." Described as "offering key insights from Columbia Business School faculty in a format that is easily accessible to busy executives" I usually give the email a once-over. Today, I noticed that, in addition tosubscribingg to the email list, they have enabled RSS Feeds. Of course, I subscribed through FeedDemon.

I've got two thoughts on this: 1) the ole bschooll is much more cutting edge then I thought and/or RSS is becoming more ubiquitouss and 2) I'm a lot more likely to browse through the individual feeds that come in through my reader and read the short excerpt(and then go to the full story) than I was to go to their website or click on "continue story" from the email. (not 100% sure why, but I think it has something to do with being in smaller consumption sizes i.e. 1 story at a time. Hopefully, they will also send out stories/research as they are ready and not wait and send out magazine-style all together).

|