The Village View

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Girls in Tech invite you to 'GIT' Going!

Gotta admit, not much I like better than receiving an email with the above title first thing in the morning. Especially when it's from my friend Julia French (likely my favorite "girl in tech"). Even though I liked the title of the email I was a bit confused so I shot Julia an email and asked her what it was all about. I'll let her explain in her own words:

I along with Adriana Gascoigne and LaurieAnne Lassek created a much needed organization for women in technology. We are getting ready to hold our second event this month on Wednesday, May 16th at Harlot, 46 Minna Street, SF. We are asking for $10.00 at the door, goes toward venue and production costs.
GIT was born to further support girls in an industry that, traditionally, has been primarily, well, mostly full of guys. GIT believes that we'd all be better off by developing more resources, cultivating stronger relationships and celebrating our achievements more often.

From 7-7:45pm it's ladies only for networking, but they open the doors for us guys at 7:45 for a general gathering. (See, I "read the freaking agenda" Julia). It's in San Francisco, so have to see if I can swing a trip. Need to be out there anyway soon.

Julia's written about the dearth of women in tech before on her blog. Here's here posting on this event which I just saw before posting this.


|